[Air-L] CFP on Social Media and Politics in **Latin America** - Journal of Political Analysis (Revista Análisis Político)

Nicolas Torres-Echeverry nte at uchicago.edu
Sun Dec 11 20:07:13 PST 2022

Dear colleagues,

My name is Nicolás Torres-Echeverry; I am a Ph.D. candidate in sociology at
the University of Chicago working on political sociology, technologies of
communication, and democratization.

I have been invited to co-edit a special number for the journal *Análisis
Político* on the relationship between social media and politics in Latin
America. Please see the CFP attached. This is a well-known journal in the
region based at the Institute of Political and International Relations
Studies (IEPRI) of the National University of Colombia.

The journal will be receiving papers in English and will be able to
translate them into Spanish on a case-by-case assessment.

We are particularly interested in research that concerns three things,
especially if it has a comparative dimension:

   1. The wave of protests in recent years in several Latin American
   countries (Ecuador, Chile, Colombia, ...) and the forms by which social
   media shaped them.
   2. How social media has transformed political organizing in
   institutional and contentious politics (and the interaction of those two)
   in the region.
   3. The forms by which social media mediates cultural transformation and
   representation of memories and narratives in Latin-American countries.

If you are working on any of these issues, I would very much like to
connect, so please let me know.

Also, please do not hesitate to send me an email if you have any questions,
and please share broadly among those who might be interested.

**Closing date: March 3, 2023**

Sincere thanks,

Nicolás