[Air-L] Introducing Series Two of the Fairwork Podcast

Michelle Gardner michelle.gardner at oii.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 13 12:51:41 PST 2022

Introducing Series Two of the Fairwork Podcast

'Welcome to the Planetary Labour Market'

The internet is radically changing the world of work. Platforms like Youtube, OnlyFans and Amazon Mechanical Turk make it possible for people to make a living without leaving home.  But is this really a good deal for workers?

This is a podcast series about the workers making a living in the online gig economy, told through the eyes of those at its centre. We’ll hear stories of workers from around the world who are navigating precarity and the constant threat of deactivation. Those who are thriving against the odds and organising for a better world.

In the Fairwork podcast, we dive into what it’s like working in the online gig economy, what it’s like being managed by algorithms, rated on every job and monitored every step of the way.

Listen to the Fairwork Podcast wherever you get your podcasts.

https://pod.fo/e/150f59

Check out the video trailer for series 2 here: https://www.instagram.com/p/ClEgXPhoPdJ/

Thanks for reading and listening!

Michelle Gardner