[Air-L] Submissions for #AoIR2022 are now open!

Michelle, Association of Internet Researchers ac at aoir.org
Sun Jan 16 02:00:06 PST 2022

Dear AoIR-istas,

Happy New Year!

We are happy to announce that submissions for #AoIR2022
<https://aoir.org/aoir2022/> are now open!

The conference will take place 2-5 November 2022 in Dublin, Ireland. At
this stage, the 2022 AoIR conference is being planned as a Limited Hybrid
Conference. The main conference will take place as a face-to-face event in
Dublin. We are committed to enabling participation by as many AoIR members
as possible at some level in this year’s conference. To this end, two of
our core events will run in both face-to-face and online versions: the Doctoral
Colloquium <https://aoir.org/aoir2022/subtypes/#doccoll> and the Early
Career Researcher (ECR) event. Submissions
<https://aoir.org/aoir2022/subtypes/> for both modes of the Doctoral
Colloquium are open; as with our other preconferences, calls for
participation in both modes of the ECR event will be distributed shortly
after conference acceptance notifications. We also plan to provide online
access for all AoIR members to our larger events (keynote, plenaries, and
Annual General Meeting).

Of course, we are mindful as we begin the third year of the pandemic that
we cannot easily predict what the world will look like in November. We are
hopeful that the latest COVID-19 variant will have largely been brought
under control and that travel will be possible and desirable for some. We
do not pretend that even in the best circumstances travel will be available
to everyone, but our options are, in large part, dictated by event
contracts signed prior to the pandemic (and which have already, generously,
been rolled forward two years after our initial Dublin plans in 2020). We
will be monitoring the global COVID-19 situation as the year progresses and
if a face-to-face conference proves impossible, we will endeavour to
provide an alternative option. Fingers crossed, we hope to see many of you
in November.

The 2022 conference welcomes contributions that address the theme of
Decolonising
the Internet. <https://aoir.org/aoir2022/aoir2022cfp/>

To re-familiarize yourself with the call for proposals and types of
submissions solicited, please see here: https://aoir.org/aoir2022/subtypes/.
*Submissions deadline is 1 March 2022* for papers, panels, roundtables,
fishbowls, experimental sessions, and pre-conference workshops.

When submitting, please take the time to read the submission categories and
topics carefully; this helps us match your submission to a suitable
reviewer. To learn more about how submissions are reviewed, please see
here: https://aoir.org/sub_review_info_aoir/.

If accepted as a presenting author, you must register for the conference by
the Early Bird deadline of 1 August 2022.

Accepted paper and panel submissions will be included in our open access
conference paper archive, Selected Papers of Internet Research (SPIR). SPIR
helps us further publicize the work of our members and introduce our
research to a wider audience. All paper and panel submissions must
therefore follow our SPIR formatting requirements, which includes a
consistent header and style format for the papers that will enable people
to easily locate author and title information, and identify the papers as
part of the AoIR conference. This format is only intended to bring
consistency to basic elements (such as typeface and spacing), not to impose
any disciplinary constraints. Please download and utilize the Word template
here: https://aoir.org/aoir2022/subtemplate/.

If you have any questions about the submission process, please email
AoIRConfChair at aoir.org.

Click here to go to the submission site: https://www.conftool.org/aoir2022/

We look forward to your proposals and to a stimulating conference in Dublin!

Sincerely,
Kylie Jarrett
AoIR2022 Programme Chair