[Air-L] The internet outage in Tonga

Amanda H A Watson Amanda.Watson at anu.edu.au
Thu Jan 20 15:41:59 PST 2022

With my colleague Dr Gemma Malungahu, I present some analysis of the communication difficulties being experienced by people in Tonga and members of the Tongan diaspora in Australia, New Zealand and beyond, following a massive volcanic eruption near the country's main island. It is available at the following link: https://www.internationalaffairs.org.au/australianoutlook/volcano-cuts-communication-island-kingdom/

Amanda

-------------------------------
Amanda H A Watson, PhD
Research Fellow and Delegated Authority, Higher Degree Research
Department of Pacific Affairs
Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs
ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
Room E3.28 Baldessin Building
The Australian National University
ACTON ACT 2600 AUSTRALIA
CRICOS Provider: 00120C
ABN: 52 234 063 906

Email: amanda.watson at anu.edu.au
Twitter: @ahawatson
Phone (working from home at present): +61 2 6182 7004