[Air-L] Tips on passing Facebook App Approval?

Nastasia Griffioen nastasia.griffioen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 01:22:14 PST 2022

Dear fellow media researchers!

I am a PhD student studying adolescent wellbeing and social media use at the Games for Emotional and Mental Health Lab in the Netherlands. For the past year we’ve been working on an app that is aimed at helping young adults gaining insight into their social media use. Part of our functionality is to have access to people’s Facebook and Instagram posts and being able to present those posts to users of the app. Naturally, this requires app approval by Facebook.

We’ve been through this process once, and since our app was not yet complete then, we got denied on those simple grounds. This time around, we want to make sure that we get as much of it right as we can, since preparing for the application is time consuming and time is limited.

I’m sure some of you have had experiences with applying for approval from Facebook?
I would be extremely grateful for any tips/lessons learned that you can give us to make this process as successful as we can.

Thanks in advance, and have a great week all!

Nastasia