[Air-L] Guest Lecture on Algorithms and Social Media

Riki Thompson rikitiki at uw.edu
Wed Jan 12 12:43:22 PST 2022

I would be interested in using such a video with my class as well. It would be fabulous if a link to the final video could be shared here as well--if willing.
Thanks

Riki Thompson, Ph.D. (she/her/they)
Associate Professor, Writing Studies & Digital Rhetoric

University of Washington Tacoma

rikithompson.com<http://rikithompson.com/> | @rikithompson <https://twitter.com/rikithompson>

Public Talks Online

Gender & Sexual Normativity, (Dis)Empowerment, and the Digital Dating Paradigm<https://fb.watch/8U5gv7PReF/> through the Washington State History Museum Scholarly Selections Series<https://www.facebook.com/historymuseum/>

The politics of matching, messaging, & making the first move in online dating<https://youtu.be/H5FmVpQ4iO4> through the Grit City Think and Drink<https://www.tacoma.uw.edu/sias/grit-city-think-drink>

Recently Published

Polyamorous relationships under severe strain during the pandemic<https://theconversation.com/polyamorous-relationships-under-severe-strain-during-the-pandemic-154335>

The Conversation, Feb 11, 2021
Love, Delayed - How COVID-19 has upended dating for singles -
<https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/21550996/dating-love-coronavirus-covid-19-singles-relationships>Interview with Elizabeth Segran.  Vox, Nov. 13, 2020

We recognize that all of us at UW Tacoma learn, live, and work on or near the unceded territory of the Coast Salish people. We gratefully honor and acknowledge that our campus rests on the traditional lands of the Puyallup People, who take care of their community, practice their traditional ways and speak the Lushootseed language.