[Air-L] reminder CFP #SMARTDataSprint 2022 | Lisbon & online

Smart Inovamedialab smart.inovamedialab at fcsh.unl.pt
Thu Jan 13 08:53:04 PST 2022

Hello dear colleagues,
We send in this email the reminder to attend the 2022 edition of the SMART
Data Sprint, organized by iNOVA Media Lab and held online and at NOVA
University Lisbon.
Applications close on January, 20.

The Sprint is part of the Digital Media Winter Institute, an annual event
committed to innovative approaches to the study of the Internet and media
culture, with a particular focus on the digital methods approach.

This year's theme is a discussion of research methods, especially on
digital methods and data science.
If you have any questions or need any kind of information, please let us
know.

On behalf of iNOVA Media Lab,
Ana Marta M. Flores
Elena Pilipets
Janna Joceli Omena
Rita Sepúlveda

*******
Digital Media Winter Institute | SMART Data Sprint 2022
NOVA University of Lisbon
January 31st - February 4th, 2022 | Lisbon, Portugal

iNOVA Media Lab invites to the SMART Data Sprint 2022, which will take
place from January 31st to February 4th in a hybrid format - online and
in-person, at NOVA University Lisbon. The Sprint is part of the Digital
Media Winter Institute, an annual meeting focused on digital methods. The
theme of the next edition is about Discussing Methods Making.

Participants from all over the world will connect to attend talks, short
lectures and join applied research projects. We are pleased to welcome Deen
Freelon (School of Journalism and Media, University of North Carolina, USA)
and Katrin Tiidenberg (Osaluskultuuri Professor/Professor of Participatory
Culture BFM, University of Tallinn, Estonia) with keynote lectures, a
masterclass with Warren Pearce (iHuman, University of Sheffield, UK) and a
keynote with Janna Joceli Omena (NOVA University Lisbon, iNOVA Media Lab &
Public Data Lab).

Applications close on 20 January 2022.

Main audience: PhD students and academics interested in developing research
from the perspective of digital methods.
See the full call for applications on the #SMARTDataSprint research blog: <
https://smart.inovamedialab.org/2022-discussing-methods-making>

--
SMART ˚ ˚ Social Media Research Techniques I #SMARTDataSprint
iNOVA Media Lab I NOVA FCSH I Universidade Nova de Lisboa