[Air-L] Advice requested (software)

Stuart Shulman stuart.shulman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 06:37:28 PST 2022

Free for academics, web-based, free training, supports qual/quant/mixed
methods, features core scientific instrumentation for measuring human
reliability in annotation, offers unique pathways for non-technical
researchers to build and use machine-learning models, duplicate detection,
clustering, crowdsource or small group collaboration on labeling, and for
social media scholars it is Twitter compliant:

https://discovertext.com/

It works (this is Year 12), it is easy to learn and use, and while it is
not for every text classification problem, for certains types of medium and
large datasets (1,000-1,000,000 short items of structured "unstructured"
text with structured metadata, like survey open ends, or Tweets) it is
probably the best option being free, powerful, integrating common research
functions, widely cited, and supported by a founder who perished in
academia so that many others could publish:

https://discovertext.com/mentions/

~Stu