[Air-L] State of AI Ethics Report - Volume 6

Abhishek Gupta abhishek at montrealethics.ai
Tue Mar 15 08:14:00 PDT 2022

Hi,

I'm Abhishek Gupta ( https://share.polymail.io/v1/z/b/NjIyZTVkMTlkMmQ4/mAVLrx_vvr8BTxokjdQoAtuIcq-dVyzW_S7w4lIVolHwg6OPVJ18VaFO9ynmTae4DliDKTWmZS-JJ1M2nd4EvoSM2UrPn4T2uuJrLZigSqqqpmRgawfrHxJSH-a-QiHJ3bhN674fkOd9QCAang9hGrsQtEbUsJ97MRcyCuYuADTSHc893SPGM1wxaeglaXEdW3au2p_EVct57sBzmo8veeSeuw== ) , Founder and Principal Researcher at the Montreal AI Ethics Institute ( https://share.polymail.io/v1/z/b/NjIyZTVkMTlkMmQ4/mAVLrx_vvr8BTxokjdQoAtuIcq-dVyzW_S7w4lIVolHwg6OPVJ18VaFO9ynmTae4DliDKTWmZS-JJ1M2nd4EvoSM2UrPn4T2uuJrLZigSqqqpmRgawfrHxJSH-a-QiHJ3bhN674fkOd9QCAAhhY7BLcfs0bEsZg2IVY-TKCcVWaTYiyHJbBUlWh5JDlx ) (MAIEI), an international non-profit research institute with a mission to democratize AI ethics literacy.

Given the focus of this mailing list, I wanted to share MAIEI's recently published Volume 6 of the State of AI Ethics Report ( https://share.polymail.io/v1/z/b/NjIyZTVkMTlkMmQ4/mAVLrx_vvr8BTxokjdQoAtuIcq-dVyzW_S7w4lIVolHwg6OPVJ18VaFO9ynmTae4DliDKTWmZS-JJ1M2nd4EvoSM2UrPn4T2uuJrLZigSqqqpmRgawfrHxJSH-a-QiHJ3bhN674fkOd9QCAAhhY7BLcfs0bEsZg2IVY-TKA2QDnFGMN4Q4RSc7uloAaxyBhLrQhpVQ== ). It is a comprehensive report, nearly 300 pages, with the following chapters:

(1) What we’re thinking
(2) Analysis of the AI Ecosystem
(3) Privacy
(4) Bias
(5) Social Media and Problematic Information
(6) AI Design and Governance
(7) Laws and Regulations
(8) Trends
(9) Outside the Boxes.

Our goal with these chapters is to provide both an in-depth analysis of each of those areas (but by no means exhaustive given the richness of each of these subdomains) along with a breadth of coverage for those who are looking to save hundreds of hours in trying to parse through the latest in research and reporting in the domain.

Hope you find it useful in your work, please don't hesitate in reaching out to me if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Abhishek Gupta ( @atg_abhishek ( https://twitter.com/atg_abhishek ) )
Founder and Principal Researcher, Montreal AI Ethics Institute ( https://montrealethics.ai/ )
Machine Learning @ Microsoft
Chair, Standards Working Group, Green Software Foundation ( https://greensoftware.foundation/ )
CSE Responsible AI Board Member, Microsoft
Learn more about my work here ( https://atg-abhishek.github.io/ ). You can now support my work by buying me a coffee ( https://buymeacoff.ee/abhishekgupta ) !