[Air-L] Ukrainian Internet Scholars?

Rich Canevez rich.canevez at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:00:00 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,

This is Rich Canevez, a postdoc at the University of Hawaii's School of
Communications.

I'm reaching out to the wonderful AoIR community for partnership/guidance,
as I'm considering a study on the Russian invasion of Ukraine. This study
would be a social network analysis + qualitative content analysis study
that explores how activism and independent media that grew from the Maidan
revolution is playing a critical role in resisting the Russian invasion (or
at least my theory goes).

Towards that end, I am looking to work with Ukrainian scholar(s) who might
be likewise interested in this topic, or be available to provide some
guidance in the thinking that could come out of this exploration.

So if you are, or know someone, who is interested, please do contact me.

Thank you everyone, and remember today the people of Ukraine who are
fighting for the freedom we get to enjoy as scholars.

~Regards,
--
Richard N. Canevez
Postdoctoral Fellow - School of Communications, University of Hawaii at

I acknowledge that my work at Penn State University took place on the
traditional, ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee (Seneca,
Cayuga, Onondaga, Oneida, Mohawk, and Tuscarora), Lenape (Delaware Nation,
Delaware Tribe, Stockbridge-Munsee), Shawnee (Absentee, Eastern, and
Oklahoma), Susquehannock, and Wahzhazhe (Osage) Nations.

I acknowledge that my work at the University of British Columbia and
Vancouver Island took place on the traditional, ancestral, unceded
territory of the Musqueam and K'omoks people.

I honor them as the traditional caretakers of these lands and strive to
understand and model their responsible stewardship.