[Air-L] The journal Global Media and China published the latest issue—March 2022

Xiao Han kilou.xiao.han at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 01:09:09 PDT 2022

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce that our journal Global Media and China has just published its latest issue (Volume 7, Issue 1, March 2022).

And also we sincerely welcome your contribution to our journals. If you are interested and have the time, it is a great honour for us to receive your submission. Here is the submission portal:

https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac <https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac>. For more information about Global Media and China, please go to gch.sagepub.com <http://gch.sagepub.com/>, you can also find detailed submission guidelines there.

You can freely read this new issue at: https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/GCH/current <https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/GCH/current>

Original Articles

‘Pathetic earthlings! Who can save you now?’ Science fifiction, planetary crisis and the globalisation of Chinese culture

John Hartley

The Rise of the East Asian Gaming Industry: A Value-Added Chain Among the East Asian Game Companies During 2000–2010

Laichi Chen

Comparing newspapers in mainland China and Hong Kong: The limits of media systems theory

Haiyan Wang and Nan Lyu

A ‘New Arms Race’? Framing China and the U.S.A. in A.I. News Reporting: A Comparative Analysis of the Washington Post and South China Morning Post

Dennis Nguyen and Erik Hekman

Special Section: Communicating the COVID-19 Pandemic

Guest Editors: Lars Willnat and Zixue Tai

Special Issue Articles

Introduction to Global Media and China’s Special Issue on COVID-19

Lars Willnat and Zixue Tai

Media attention, dependency, selfeffificacy, and prosocial behaviours during the outbreak of COVID-19: A constructive journalism perspective

Jiankun Gong, Hasmah Zanuddin, Weipeng Hou and Jinghong Xu

When positive energy meets satirical feminist backfifire: Hashtag activism during the COVID-19 outbreak in China

Yue Yang

Book Reviews

Fengmin Yan, Image, Reality and Media Construction - A Frame Analysis of German Media Representations of China

Yuwen Gu

Filippo Gilardi and Celia Lam (eds.), Transmedia in Asia and the Pacifific: Industry, practice and transcultural dialogues

Andrew White

Xiao, Jian. Punk Culture in Contemporary China

Christian Morgner

Dr HAN Xiao

Research Associate, State Key Lab of Media Convergence and Communication, Communication University of China (CUC)

Commissioning Editor, Global Media and China http://journals.sagepub.com/home/gch <http://gch.sagepub.com/>