[Air-L] National Survey on the Experiences in Academia of People who are Deaf or have Hearing Loss under Remote Work Conditions

Michael Kurzmeier MKurzmeier at ucc.ie
Mon Nov 7 03:44:21 PST 2022

Dear AoIR members,

I hope you are well.

Please consider distributing the survey below within your personal networks:

Dr. Rachel MagShamhráinand I, both academics at UCC, are conducting a nationwide survey on the experiences of Deaf people in an academic setting under the remote work and learning conditions imposed by COVID-19 with a view to collating this information into a position paper which may help with the experiences people with hearing loss have under imposed or voluntary remote working conditions in the future.

We would be very grateful if you would share this survey as appropriate at your institution, and, once we have collated the information post-survey, we are happy to share the data with you if you wish. Appropriate cohorts in this case include anyone who is working at your institution who is Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing or has some hearing loss.

The survey can be accessed here: https://forms.gle/zX1Jp7N4WED7HR8K9

The survey and project have been approved by UCC’s Ethics Committee, and are funded by a UCC Digital Microgrant to enhance inclusion in teaching and learning.

With many thanks for your support with this project,

Rachel MagShamhráin and Michael Kurzmeier

Michael Kurzmeier PhD

Postdoctoral Research Fellow, C21 Editions Project<https://www.c21editions.org/>, Digital Humanities, University College Cork

Recent Publications:

Ogden, Jessica, Michael Kurzmeier, and Frédéric Clavert. How to Design Web Archives Research. Edited by Morgan Currie. United Kingdom: SAGE Publications, Ltd., 2022. https://doi.org/10.4135/9781529610147.

Kurzmeier, Michael, Joanna Finegan, and Maria Ryan. “Exploring Special Web Archives Collections Related to COVID-19: The National Library of Ireland.” WARCnet Papers, January 1, 2022. https://cc.au.dk/fileadmin/dac/Projekter/WARCnet/Kurzmeier_et_al_COVID-19_NLI.pdf.

https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4925-5197