[Air-L] [Job Posting]: Associate or Full Professor in Informatics (Director of Human Computer Interaction/design Program) at Indiana University, Bloomington

philippj at hawaii.edu philippj at hawaii.edu
Mon Nov 7 14:45:47 PST 2022

Dear AoIR Members,

The Informatics Department at Indiana University is inviting a tenured HCI
Scholar to lead our HCI/d Program, which celebrated it's 20th Birthday this
year. I am a junior member on the Search Committee, feel free to reach out
to me here regarding the position or the listed contacts in the ad:
https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/14025

Applications received before December 1, 2022 will be assured full
consideration; however, the search will remain open until a suitable

candidate is found.  Candidates should review application requirements,
become informed about IU, the Luddy School, and its many

opportunities, and apply online at:
https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/14025

Best

Phil

___________________

PHILIPP JORDAN, PH.D.

philippj at hawaii.edu <mailto:philippj at hawaii.edu>

https://luddy.indiana.edu/contact/profile/index.html?Phil_Jordan

========

Full Ad:

Associate or Full Professor in Informatics (Director of Human Computer
Interaction/design Program)

The Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering
(https://luddy.indiana.edu/) at Indiana University (IU) in Bloomington,
Indiana invites applications for a tenure-track or tenured Associate or Full
Professor position in the Department of Informatics to begin on August 1,
2023 in the area of human computer interaction (HCI).The Associate or Full
Professor appointee will serve as the Director of our HCI/design (HCI/d)
program (https://hcid.luddy.indiana.edu/), one of the most preeminent
programs of its kind, with a nineteen-year history and an international
reputation.

We are particularly interested in candidates who can teach and mentor
students in any of the following areas (no order intended):  Human Centered
Computing, Human Computer Interaction (HCI) broadly defined, Ethnographic
Methods in HCI, Design Oriented HCI, Sustainable Interaction Design (SID) or
Sustainable HCI (SHCI), AI and HCI, Social Justice and HCI, UI/UX Design
Strategy.

We seek candidates prepared to contribute to our commitment to diversity and
inclusion in higher education, especially those with experience in teaching
or working with diverse student populations.

https://luddy.indiana.edu/about/diversity/strategic-plan-for-inclusive-excel
lence.html

The HCI/d Director duties will include both online and in person teaching,
research, service, and mentorship of students at the undergraduate, M.S.,
and PhD levels as well as formulating and coordinating industry partnerships
for teaching and learning.  The HCI/d Director will be part of the HCI/d
faculty and will participate in course, curriculum, and overall program
design.

Applicants should have an established record of excellence in research and
teaching, and a PhD in, Informatics, Computer Science, HCI, Design, or a
related area.

Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.  Indiana
University provides a comprehensive benefits program for full-time appointed
employees.  Coverage for core benefit plans, such as Basic Life Insurance
and a base retirement plan are entirely paid by the University.  For
detailed benefit options please visit: https://hr.iu.edu/

Applications received before December 1, 2022 will be assured full
consideration; however, the search will remain open until a suitable
candidate is found.  Candidates should review application requirements,
become informed about IU, the Luddy School, and its many opportunities, and
apply online at:

https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/14025

Questions and confidential inquiries may be sent to Professors and Search
Committee Co-Chairs Patrick C. Shih (patshih at indiana.edu
<mailto:patshih at indiana.edu> ) and Selma Sabanović (selmas at indiana.edu
<mailto:selmas at indiana.edu> ).