[Air-L] 2 Postdoc Posts @ UCL

Leonie Tanczer ltanczer01 at qub.ac.uk
Tue Nov 29 03:32:51 PST 2022

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to raise your awareness of two open Research Fellow (i.e., Postdoc) roles at University College London (UCL).
I'd be ever so thankful if you could circulate them amongst your networks.

1) Research Fellow in Technology Facilitated Abuse (Tech Abuse) in Intimate Partner Violence Contexts
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/work-at-ucl/search-ucl-jobs/details?nPostingId=2140&nPostingTargetId=2756&id=Q1KFK026203F3VBQBLO8M8M07&LG=UK&mask=ext

*A PhD in relevant social science discipline. However, applicants from any disciplines undertaking relevant research will be welcomed.
*Prior knowledge of the literature on intimate partner violence (IPV), domestic abuse, and violence against women and girls (VAWG).
*Familiarity with online harms and online safety research, industry, and policy developments.
*Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills, including knowledge of a range of research methods to engage in high-quality research.
*Experience of collecting, managing, analysing and presenting qualitative data, ideally in interdisciplinary settings.
*Ability to travel across the UK for fieldwork and other research-related activities.

2) Research Fellow in Natural Language Processing (NLP) for the Violence, Health, and Society (VISION) Consortium
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/work-at-ucl/search-ucl-jobs/details?nPostingId=2144&nPostingTargetId=2795&id=Q1KFK026203F3VBQBLO8M8M07&LG=UK&mask=ext

*A PhD in Computer Science or a related field. However, applicants from any disciplines undertaking relevant research will be welcomed.
*Expertise and research interests in machine learning for text classification and information extraction, or equivalent data science/computational linguistics experience.
*Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team as well as independently using own initiative.
*Ability to pass Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check as well as UK security clearance (NPPV3 and CTC).

For both roles, an online information session will be held on 15 December 2022. This event allows interested parties to meet me/the team (honestly: we are super nice!), ask questions, and just generally get a better sense of the prospective role and research group they will be joining. Come and say hi!

The submission deadline for both posts is on 16 of January 2023 (11.59pm).

Further important details can be found in the respective Job Descriptions, which you can access via the links.

Thank you so much for your help in spreading the word!

Best wishes,
Leonie