[Air-L] WEBCAST NOV 30 – IGF 2022 – Global Governance of LEO Satellite Broadband

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Wed Nov 30 05:45:21 PST 2022

We are on the final countdown to this highly topical panel.

[image: ISOC LIVE] <https://isoc.live/16108>On *Wednesday November 30 2022*
 at *13:50-15:20 UTC* the *Internet Governance Forum
<https://intgovforum.org/>* presents a workshop '*Global Governance of LEO
Satellite Broadband <https://bit.ly/3VyGbQu>*'.

An expert panel addresses the opportunities and challenges of satellite
reliant Internet access, currently offered by service providers such as
SpaceX or OneWeb. We seek to explore potential benefits as well as threats
that come with this new technology. We address this new phenomenon through
references to the SDGs and international law, exploring whether current
policies offer plausible solutions to upcoming or potential problems.

PANEL
*Dan York*, Director, Online Content, Internet Society
*Akcali Gur Berna*, Queen Mary University of London
*Wu Fei*, Professor, Ji Nan University
*Mwangi Michuki*, Regional Development Manager - Africa, Internet Society

*MODERATORS*
*Kulesza Joanna*, University of Lodz
*Dan York*, Internet Society

*LIVESTREAM http://livestream.com/internetsociety/igf2022-399