[Air-L] Migration to Mastodon

Fred Fuchs fred at firesabre.com
Mon Nov 7 00:34:19 PST 2022

I agree it's worth having alternatives to any single
platform, including Twitter.

Assuming it's true that Musk will be too libertarian, it's
unlikely he'd limit academic use of Twitter. But unlikely
isn't the same as "no chance."

If Mastodon's user interface and other tools are acceptably
good, it makes sense to set up another community, if only as
a backup. Mastodon will have a smaller academic user base.
That will limit users' reach in comparison to Twitter. These
few items would seem the main potential limitations.

Fred

--
Fred Fuchs - Founder, CEO, & Producer
FireSabre Consulting LLC