[Air-L] Migration to Mastodon

Richard Forno rick at rickf.org
Mon Nov 7 04:51:06 PST 2022

It's not Musk's views per se that's driven me from Twitter, but that's a
major reason, sure.

I have a hard time *relying* on a communications platform run by a
company now fully engaged in the proverbial "move fast, break things"
mentality based on whatever singular whims or rage cycle its owner is in
at the time a decision is made.   To wit:  They are now asking people
just fired to come back, b/c nobody knew they were integral to the
features Musk wanted to develop.  (Were it me, I'd say sure, but double
my salary.)   He's also reversed other polices and views that he
preached -- he was against permabans until Kathy Gifford parodied him
over the weekend, so she's banned.  He's also said other people not
'clearly identifying' as parody accounts would be perma-banned.  That's
a far cry from his views about how the company handled other perma-bans
in recent years.  The entire company -- and platform -- now feels rather
unstable in many ways, and I feel sorry for the many serfs still there
who will endure such chaos .... and it's only been a week!

Heck, if I wanted to interact on a platform conducting a perpetual beta
test[1], I'd use something from Google.

-- rick

[1] either technical or managerial