[Air-L] Job Posting: Mediated Communication TT Position / University of Arkansas

Ben Peters bjpeters at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 02:55:27 PST 2022

Dear all,

First time Air-L poster (I think), longtime lurker here. Hi yall!

Just wanted to make sure the original message of the thread is not lost:

*A huge +1 to Steph’s dept*

I visited the Depart of Communication at U of Arkansas and these qualities need not be imagined:

1. The department faculty has intellectual courage, breadth, and strength, and is well positioned on campus. The call is evidence of that. Steph would be a huge win as a mentor and colleague in any department in the world and Comm at Arkansas has a deep faculty bench of excellent peers. The students also struck me as interesting and eager, and the campus faculty broadly excellent and open to interdisciplinary work.

2. Hilary Rodham Clinton has a long-standing reading group in the city. Local and regional politics need not yet be overdetermined.

3. The city itself is livable, lovable, and often gorgeous—in many ways the quintessentially postcard college town with lots of bookstores, (often generously Wal-Martian funded), art museums, cafes, and insanely beautiful rolling hills that burn bright in the autumnal blush.

4. Were I more junior, I would imagine applying in a heartbeat: I hope others feel encouraged to do the same.

Thanks for modeling all the insights and civility, y’all: Steph’s corner is the real deal,

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Aachen,

Ben

https://khk.rwth-aachen.de/prof-benjamin-peters/

Sent from my iPhone