[Air-L] WEBCAST OCT 4 – Kenya DNS Forum 2022

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Mon Oct 3 23:03:53 PDT 2022

We have all got so accustomed to the ease of convening online. As we go
back to meeting F2F, event organizers have to relearn the complications of
webcasting! Hence today's lengthy delay in getting the Kenya DNS Forum up
and running.. Especially when, since it is Day 0 of the Africa DNS Forum
there is 3 language interpretation.

For our part, we are just webcasting the EN channel, although we have FR
running on FB and Twitter. EN RealTime Text will change across the day as
Otter has a 4 hour limit, check https://isoc.live/15835
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/%E2%80%8Bhttps://isoc.live/15835>

[image: Site logo image] ISOC Live posted: "On Tuesday 4 October 2022 the
Kenya Network Information Centre (KeNIC) will host the 2022 Kenya DNS Forum
in Nairobi. The Kenya DNS Forum is an open event for stakeholders in the
domain name industry. The event will bring together representatives from
the" ISOC LIVE NOTICEBOARD <https://isoc.live>

[image: isoc live] <https://isoc.live/15835>On *Tuesday 4 October
2022* the *Kenya
Network Information Centre <https://www.kenic.or.ke/>* (KeNIC) will host
the *2022 Kenya DNS Forum
<https://www.kenic.or.ke/event/2022-kenya-dns-forum/>* in Nairobi. The
Kenya DNS Forum is an open event for stakeholders in the domain name
industry. The event will bring together representatives from the
information and communications technologies (ICT)/DNS sectors, local and
international policymakers, global registries for ccTLDs, domain name
registrars, and registrants to discuss the growth of the DNS ecosystem and
its impact on technology. The theme for this year’s DNS Forum is
*cybersecurity*.

*PROGRAM* (All times EAT = UTC+3)

*08:00 Opening & Keynote*
*Joel Karubiu*, CEO, KeNIC
*Geoffrey Shimanyula*, Chairman, KeNIC
*Ezra Chiloba*, Director General, Communications Authority of Kenya

*09:15 DNS 101 and Cybersecurity*
*Joseph Marwa*, Senior Systems Administrator, KeNIC

*09:55 Legislation & governance in the Internet Ecosystem*
*Rose Mosero*, ODPC
*Rosemary Koech*, KeNIC
*Evans Ombati*, NC4
*Victor Kapiyo*, KICTANet
*Athena Morgan*, ICMEC

*11:30 Building a more resilient and secure ccTLD ecosystem for social and
economic development*
*Barrack Otieno*, AFTLD
*Paul Kariuki*, ICT, University of Nairobi
*Ingabire Grace*, RICTA.
*Mwendwa Kivuva*, Registrar, Transworld
*MOD*: *Bob Ochieng*, ICANN

*14:00 Sponsor Session*

*15:20 DNS Security*
TBD, Communications Authority
*John Saruni*, KeNIC
*Anthony Muiyuro*, ISACA
*William Makatiani*, Serianu
*Dr. Bright Gameli*, Cyber security expert

*16:30 Closing Remarks*
*Kimathi Kamundeh*, Chair, Marketing Committee

*LIVESTREAM http://livestream.com/internetsociety/dnsforumke2022
<http://livestream.com/internetsociety/dnsforumke2022>*

*PARTICIPATE VIA ZOOM https://bit.ly/3e3aD5f <https://bit.ly/3e3aD5f> *
(EN/FR/PT)