[Air-L] Applications open for new film and media studies PhD program at UC Irvine

Alexander Rudenshiold arudensh at uci.edu
Thu Oct 20 16:19:33 PDT 2022

Hello AoIR Listserv-ers!
I’m excited to share the news that my department has launched new PhD program in Film and Media Studies at UC Irvine!

Reflecting the strengths of our award-winning faculty, the program is designed to give students broad training in film, television, video games, and digital media while centering questions of power, culture, and history. All students are admitted directly to the Ph.D. program, whether they are applying with a BA, MA, or MFA. In addition, all students are funded. You can learn more about our program and our faculty here: https://www.humanities.uci.edu/filmandmediastudies/phd <https://www.humanities.uci.edu/filmandmediastudies/phd>

I encourage you to advise your mentees to apply to our program.
Best,
Alexander

Alexander Rudenshiold <https://twitter.com/rudenshiold>
Visual Studies Ph.D. student @ UC – Irvine