[Air-L] Upcoming events: Limits and Challenges of Decolonial Turn in Internet Research

Rafael Grohmann rafael-ng at uol.com.br
Mon Oct 31 14:12:03 PDT 2022

   Hello AoIR!
   We would like to invite you all to two upcoming events, this week and
   the next focused on the question: What are the limits and challenges of
   the decolonial turn in internet research?

   The first will be an in-person roundtable at the AoIR this week. With
   Nick Couldry, Paola Ricaurte, Syed Mustafa Ali, Cheryll
   Soriano, and Ana Suzina. It'll be an open and constructive debate, and
   we invite everyone to join us! Thursday, Nov 3: 11AM, Room EQ-112. Full
   details on: [1]https://w
   ww.conftool.org/aoir2022/index.php?page=browseSessions&form_session=264
   &presentations=show

   < span style="font:inherit">The second will be a fully remote and
   bilingual (English and Portuguese, with translation) roundtable with
   Abeba Birhane, Tarcizio Silva, Anita Gurumurthy, Syed Mustafa Ali,
   Cheryll Soriano, Rigoberto Lara Guzmán and Walter Lippold. Next week:
   November 10, 8AM ET. Sign up
   on: [2]https://digilabour-br.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fWduKs8ZQTCKqe
   Ucm6aHkw

   Both events are co-chaired/moderated by Gabriel Pereira and I. The
   online event is hosted by DigiLabour and Critical Digital Methods
   Institute/ University of Toronto.  Our hope is to offer a useful space
   for building conversations across different scholars, productively
   considering the advances, challenges, and limits of the decolonial
   framework in internet studies.
   best,
   Rafael Grohmann
   Assistant Professor, Media Studies/ Critical Platform and Data Studies,
   University of Toronto
   Leader of DigiLabour Initiative