[Air-L] WEBCAST OCT 6 – Reawakening Digital Trade: Diverse Stakeholder Considerations Around The Future of the Trans-Atlantic Data Privacy Framework

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Wed Oct 12 22:40:55 PDT 2022

The livestream of this has been updated with an edited and captioned version
<https://livestream.com/accounts/686369/events/10633341/videos/233287613>,
and a transcript
<https://archive.org/download/au-tadpf/au-tadpf_TRANSCRIPT.pdf> is also
available.

As it happened, President Biden signed the Executive Order the next day,
Oct 7, and some analysis can be found here
<https://www.wsgr.com/en/insights/president-biden-signs-executive-order-to-implement-the-new-eu-us-data-privacy-framework.html>.
As one panelist had noted, the "devil is in the detail".

However, overall, it was seen as positive that the major western industrial
democracies were making a concerted effort to resolve issues that inhibit
an open Internet, and high hopes for similar efforts in the OECD, including
wider adoption of the CBPR <http://cbprs.org/about-cbprs/>, even if there
was a preference for such solutions to come from multistakeholder processes,

 There will be a follow up discussion in Brussels on December 6. Watch this
space.