[Air-L] Will Academic Twitter Exist Under Elon Musk?

Shulman, Stu stu at texifter.com
Fri Oct 28 13:09:11 PDT 2022

I would second Sarah and also add moving ~7000 periodic users of a listserv
to a private space or many distributed spaces does not address some of the
questions initially raised. Super interesting idea of a break away digital
republic, but what of the 100 million daily users left behind on Twitter?

My questions were about the future of democracy and academic research using
Twitter data. Will the academic research team at Twitter (small) and the
quota of 10 million Tweets per month via a web interface from the full
undeleted history of Twitter (large) be here in 30 days?