[Air-L] Postdoc in digital politics (quant) at UNC-Chapel Hill

Deen Freelon dfreelon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 07:11:10 PDT 2022

Hi all,

The Center for Information, Technology, & Public Life (CITAP) at the
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is hiring a new postdoc who
will work directly with my research group, the Political and Civic App
Division (PCAD): https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/240132

I'm looking for someone with strong quant skills, especially in the
areas of survey research and/or computational social science, who can
help PCAD build new research tools and analyze the data they generate.
Here's some of what we're working on:

  * Our first tool, PIEGraph, tracks a opt-in panel of American users
    and analyzes the ideological and factual aspects of their Twitter
    feeds. Sign in and view your personalized ideology/fact quality
    chart here: https://pcad.ils.unc.edu/
  * We also recently released a new TikTok scraper and are looking to
    extend and apply it to a range of research areas:
    https://github.com/dfreelon/pyktok

Please spread the word and LMK if you have questions! If you're looking
to build a rep in the digital politics space with a strong
identity/power analysis game, I'd strongly encourage you to apply.

Best, //DEEN

--
Deen Freelon, Ph.D.
Associate Professor | Hussman School of Journalism and Media