[Air-L] New article: Social Media, the Public Sphere, and Public Space in Authoritarian Settings: A Case Study of Egypt’s Tahrir Square and 18 Years of User Generated Content

Dr. Rasha Abdulla rasha at aucegypt.edu
Fri Apr 21 14:40:22 PDT 2023

 Dear colleagues,

I'm writing to let you know of a recently published article of mine in
Social Media and Society entitled "Social Media, the Public Sphere, and
Public Space in Authoritarian Settings: A Case Study of Egypt’s Tahrir
Square and 18 Years of User Generated Content."

I've been working on this article for a long time, and I'm very excited
about it, particularly that it's in a Q1, open access journal. The article
includes a survey that I conducted in Tahrir Square right after Mubarak was
ousted. I strongly felt that it needed to be published, and I'm glad I
managed to do it within a good context. I also believe the article makes a
good theoretical contribution to the literature on social media and the
public sphere.

Here's the link to the article:
https://doi.org/10.1177/20563051231158824

I'd be very interested to hear your feedback.
All the best.
Rasha

Rasha A. Abdulla, Ph.D.
Professor