[Air-L] AoIR23 Panel on TikTok & Politics

Bach, Parker James pbach at unc.edu
Tue Feb 14 07:09:34 PST 2023

Hi everyone,

In recognition of the increasing role TikTok has played in politics,  I am working on putting together a panel submission for AoIR 2023 that deals with TikTok and politics. Feel free to interpret this with some flexibility: for example, I am considering the dynamics of political discourse on the platform, but if you have research or ideas for research on the ongoing politics of TikTok bans, I could absolutely see that fitting in well.

If you are interested in submitting as a part of this panel, please let me know! Also please feel free to pass this message along to anybody you might know doing research in this area. I'd ideally like to have a line-up of researchers in the next week so we can be sure to get in before the March 1 deadline.

Very best,
Parker Bach

PhD Student | University of North Carolina
Affiliate | Center for Information, Technology, & Public Life