[Air-L] New book on HIV, sex, and internet: opportunity for review

Jaime García Iglesias garciaiglesiasjaime at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 11:25:48 PST 2023

(My editor has asked me to embark in an exercise of shameless
self-publicity, so here it goes. Apologies for cross-posting)

My newest book, The Eroticising of HIV: Viral Fantasies, is now available
in Palgrave's Health, Technology, and Society series. This book examines
sexual fantasies and their influence on everyday life through the stories
of twenty-two men who introduce themselves as bugchasers, i.e. gay men who
eroticize HIV. The book defines bugchasing, charts its history and
contexts, and considers how it has changed in the age of internet and PrEP.
Through the participants, their experiences and contexts, this text also
theorizes about sexual fantasies, seeking to understand how people define
sexual fantasies and use the internet. Chapters also consider how fantasies
influence HIV prevention and care. Link:
https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-031-11352-9

If you'd be interested in reviewing the book, please get in touch!

Jaime Garcia Iglesias
Mildred Baxter Fellow, Centre for Biomedicine, Self and Society, University
of Edinburgh