[Air-L] Join us for the Language, Semiotics and Society Lecture Series

MCINERNEY Erin (ETU DIREV) erin.mcinerney at etu.unistra.fr
Fri Feb 24 01:49:27 PST 2023

Dear AOIR Colleagues,

The following announcement may be of interest to some of you.

The University of Glasgow and the Université de Strasbourg are delighted to invite you to a joint Virtual Seminar Series on 'Language, Semiotics and Society' taking place March-June 2023. An overview of the programme is available below.

How is contemporary sociolinguistic work addressing the increasingly semiotic and multimodal nature of communication? How are individuals using linguistic and semiotic resources for creativity in networked settings? How can we bridge the purported gap that exists between innovation and ethics in sociolinguistic and social semiotic research? The Language, Semiotics and Society series brings together experts in the domain of sociolinguistics to discuss these and other timely questions at large in the field. We invite you to contribute your own thoughts on these pertinent questions while in attendance.

For more information and registration, visit: [ https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfzIvA5tZtJgjWAwAeK25Bab9SLwA8TNJCw7AfhHkBrquQOZw/viewform | https://forms.gle/aEk3eAeUSbTHavWT9 ]
For questions, contact Erin McInerney at [ mailto:mcinerney at unistra.fr | mcinerney at unistra.fr ]

Mirka Honkanen
UNIVERSITY OF FREIBURG, GERMANY
Investigating multilingualism on a Nigerian web forum
March 8th | 13:30-14:30 (GMT) | 14:30-15:30 (CET)

Jonathan Kasstan
UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINSTER, UK
Rethinking Research Ethics
March 27th | 13:30-14:30 (BST) | 14:30-15:30 (CET)

Camilla Vásquez
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA, USA
Voices and Voicing in Creativity online
April 19th | 15:00-16:00 (BST) | 16:00-17:00 (CET)

Crispin Thurlow
UNIVERSITY OF BERN, SWITZERLAND
Elite Creativities: Engaging the Language Work of Professional Wordsmiths
May 31st | 13:30-14:30 (BST) | 14:30-15:30 (CET)

Robert Blackwood
UNIVERSITY OF LIVERPOOL, UK
Memorialisation in the Linguistic Landscape of St-Pierre-et-Miquelon
June 28th | 14:30-14:30 (BST) | 15:30-15:30 (CET)

Do get in touch with me if you would like any additional information on the series.

Kind regards,
Erin McInerney

Erin MCINERNEY
Coordinatrice pédagogique de langues vivantes
Enseignante d'anglais
ENSA Strasbourg, Pôle LanSAD
Université de Strasbourg
Doctorante, Laboratoire LiLPA UR 1339