[Air-L] Winter 2023 Schedule for Disrupting Disruptions, the Feminist and Accessible Publishing, Communications, and Technologies Speaker and Workshop Series is now available

Alexandra Ketchum alexandraketchum at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 07:32:58 PST 2023

The winter 2023 schedule for Disrupting Disruptions, the Feminist and
Accessible Publishing, Communications, and Technologies Speaker and
Workshop Series is now available!

You can sign up for the events here:
https://www.eventbrite.com/o/the-feminist-and-accessible-publishing-communications-tech-series-31133534805

If you have questions, you can contact the organizer of this series, Dr.
Alex Ketchum (alexandraketchum at gmail.com). All virtual events are free and
professionally live captioned.

January 10: Beth Pickens <https://fb.me/e/2nR6IUVF6> on Making Your Art No
Matter What and Your Creative Practice <https://fb.me/e/2nR6IUVF6>, 6 PM ET
(virtual)
Our first event is Tuesday January 10th with Beck Pickens. One reason I
invited Beth Pickens to be part of the series is because her work has been
so beneficial to my writing practice. We write so much within academia yet
I think we often forget that it is also a creative practice.

January 18: Dr. Luke Stark <https://fb.me/e/3O0bQNpiA> on Histories of
Computing and Human Feelings from Cybernetics to AI,
<https://fb.me/e/3O0bQNpiA> 6 PM ET (virtual)

January 23: Historical Queer Music Night <https://fb.me/e/2TWGdgWxe>
(fundraiser
for Rock Camp Montreal), <https://fb.me/e/2TWGdgWxe> 7-10 PM at Turbo Haus
(2040 Rue St. Denis, Montreal)

January 25: Dr. sava saheli singh <https://fb.me/e/2tTaBmFQt> on Screening
Surveillance <https://fb.me/e/2tTaBmFQt>, 6 PM ET (virtual)

February 1: indee mitchell <https://fb.me/e/3g4cWkOiW> of Last Call NoLA on
Queer Oral History, Performance, + More! <https://fb.me/e/3g4cWkOiW>, 6 PM
ET (virtual)

February 7: Dr. Abeba Birhane <https://fb.me/e/1Xqvqlxv3>, Noon ET (virtual)

February 15 : Dr. Hannah Zeavin <https://fb.me/e/4owTTz6eZ>, 6 PM ET
(virtual)

March 8: Dr. Marika Cifor  <https://fb.me/e/2vWc7B5PV>on Viral Cultures:
Activist Archiving in the Age of AIDS: the Visual AIDS’s Archive Project
and Artist+ Registry <https://fb.me/e/2vWc7B5PV>, 6 PM ET (virtual)
--

Alex Ketchum, PhD

Faculty Lecturer at the Institute for Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist
Studies at McGill University

Director of the Just Feminist Tech and Scholarship Lab

Founder of Disrupting Disruptions: disruptingdisruptions.com

The Feminist and Accessible Publishing, Communications, and Technologies
Series

Author of Engage in Public Scholarship!: A Guidebook on Feminist and
Accessible Communication <https://www.concordia.ca/press/engage.html#order>
(Concordia Uni Press, 2022)

Author of Ingredients for Revolution: A History of American Feminist
Restaurants, Cafes, and Coffeehouses
<https://www.concordia.ca/press/ingredients.html#read> (Concordia Uni
Press, 2022)

Creator of The Feminist Restaurant Project: thefeministrestaurantproject.com

alexketchum.ca <http://www.alexketchum.ca/>| pronouns she/her