[Air-L] cfp: Reimagining Urban Communication ICA 2023 postconference

Germaine R Halegoua grhalegoua at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 05:00:00 PST 2023

Hi everyone,

I'm co-organizing a post-conference for ICA 2023, *Reimagining Urban
Communication: Methods, Ethics, and Praxis in a Digital Age*
<https://www.icahdq.org/mpage/ICA23-UrbanComm> , that I hope is of interest
to some people on this list. The call for participants can be found at the
link and I've pasted a more official invitation below.

Feel free to forward the call and/or email invite to anyone who might be
interested. And please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Germaine
---

Dear colleagues,

We invite you to participate in a 2023 ICA postconference workshop, Reimagining
Urban Communication: Methods, Ethics, and Praxis in a Digital Age
<https://www.icahdq.org/mpage/ICA23-UrbanComm>.

The full-day workshop will be held on *May 30th, 2023, at the Toronto
Metropolitan University (formerly Ryerson University)*. We aim to convene
scholars and practitioners interested in topics such as the mediated
representation of urban (sub)communities; digital rights and inequalities;
datafication; and communication and social change. Work foregrounding
questions of power and inequality from local, global, and/or transnational
lenses, underrepresented regions and communities is encouraged.

All presenters will be considered for inclusion in a special issue or other
publication or venue (to be discussed at the conference). Beyond the
intellectual exchanges, we hope to use the post-conference as a space for
networking and mentorship for researchers from a variety of disciplines and
career stages. We also anticipate having funds to support travel for some
early career and underrepresented scholars to attend.

Please submit 300-word abstracts, including your name, affiliation, and
150-word bio to the link below *by 3 February 2023*. Notifications will be
sent out by 10 February 2023. Registration will open in March 2023.

For more details about the event and submissions, please visit our ICA
website <https://www.icahdq.org/mpage/ICA23-UrbanComm>.

Best regards,
Matthew Bui (U of Michigan)
Myria Georgiou (London School of Economics)
Germaine Halegoua (U of Michigan)
Dave Colangelo (Toronto Metropolitan University)
Sherry Yu (U of Toronto)

--
Germaine R. Halegoua (she/her)
John D. Evans Development Professor & Associate Professor of Communication
Author: The Digital City
<https://nyupress.org/9781479882199/the-digital-city/>, Smart Cities
<https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/smart-cities>