[Air-L] Call for Scales and Measures

Renee Pettit cosmic-editor at cios.org
Tue Jan 24 11:56:41 PST 2023

Dear AoIR/AIR-L,

Would it be possible for our not-for-profit academic organization, the Communication Institute for Online Scholarship (CIOS), to post a call for measurement instruments to your organizational members through AIR-L?  I will paste the posting below my signature in case you do not prefer or accept attachments.  If, however, you would like me to send the posting in Word or as a PDF, I will be happy to do so.

Thank you in advance for your time.  We’re very grateful for your help!

Best wishes,

Renee Pettit
Managing Editor, COSMIC
Communication Institute for Online Scholarship
cosmic-editor at cios.org <mailto:cosmic-editor at cios.org>

Renee Pettit — cosmic-editor at cios.org <mailto:cosmic-editor at cios.org>
A Call for Scales and Measures

CALL FOR SCALES, MEASURES, AND OBSERVATIONAL PROTOCOLS

COSMIC (Compendium of Scales and Measures in Communication) is the primary repository for the communication and journalism fields for published indexes, scales, and other systems of measurement and observation.  COSMIC contains triply-catalogued information on nearly one thousand published communication and journalism research procedures, with new materials added continually.

The Communication Institute for Online Scholarship (CIOS) invites communication and journalism researchers to visit COSMIC (https://www.cios.org/www/cosmicabout.htm <https://www.cios.org/www/cosmicabout.htm>) to see if your scale (index, procedure, etc.) has already been identified and included.  If not, potential contributors should send citation/publication information for your scale to Renee Pettit at cosmic-editor at cios.org <mailto:cosmic-editor at cios.org> for consideration for inclusion.