[Air-L] Searching instagram posts from 2020

Archer Porter archer.porter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 10:59:27 PST 2023

If you're comfortable with Python (or know someone who is), you can scrape
Instagram's API using tools like Instaloader
<https://python.plainenglish.io/scrape-everythings-from-instagram-using-python-39b5a8baf2e5>.
I have also used Zapier <https://zapier.com/> in the past to create an
automated workflow that placed new Instagram media with a particular tag in
a Google Sheet. However, many of the Instagram functions in Zapier (and
other tools like it) were deprecated in June 2020 when Instagram changed
how its API works
<https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2020/03/10/final-reminder-Instagram-legacy-api-platform-disabled-mar-31/>
.

Best of luck,
Archer

--

L. Archer Porter, Ph.D.
archerporter.xyz

On Sat, Jan 21, 2023 at 9:47 AM Raymond Drainville via Air-L <
air-l at listserv.aoir.org> wrote:

> Another option is 4kstogram:
> https://www.4kdownload.com/-ad0p9/stogram
>
> It's commercial software, but you can download images & stories
> according to hashtags and/or user accounts. You can also time-delimit
> your choice. From what I can tell, though, it *only* downloads the
> associated media—*not* accompanying text or commentary.
>
> > I have a PhD student who wants to search for posts using hashtags on
> Insta
> > from a specific month in 2020. They don't have much technical expertise
> so
> > if you have recommendations for something fairly simple to learn/use that
> > would be really helpful!
>
> Best,
>
> Ray
> _____