[Air-L] Registration for Algorithms for Her? Conference in Sheffield UK

Sophie H Bishop s.h.bishop at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Mar 9 08:14:36 PST 2023

Hi everyone I hope you are doing well!

We still have a few spaces to register *in person *for *Algorithms for Her?
2 *- a hybrid conference taking place at the Millennium Gallery in
Sheffield on the 23rd and 24th of March 2022. Our Keynotes are Tiara Roxanne
<https://www.tiararoxanne.com/about.html> and Professor Ros Gill
<https://www.city.ac.uk/about/people/academics/ros-gill>- and we have a
wide range of absolutely amazing presentations from many different
disciplines and geographies.

*Algorithms for her?* is a conference prioritising the study of
intersectional forms of injustice that algorithms (and the systems in which
they are embedded) often propagate and sustain. Given the significance of
such processes in our daily lives, and how they disproportionately affect
those marginalised across intersections of gender, sexuality, class and
race, this event will create a dedicated space for the discussion of
algorithmic oppression and inequality. We are lucky to have received
support from the BRISTT cluster at the University of Sheffield, The
University of Sheffield Digital Society Network and a Meta Seed Grant.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/algorithms-for-her-2-tickets-533785224977
Password: AFH2

Please sign up to be sent the link for the livestreamed programme here:
https://algorithmsforher.wordpress.com/livestreaming/

We hope to see you there!

Best wishes
Sophie Bishop on behalf of the Algorithms For Her? Organising Committee

--
Dr Sophie Bishop (she/her)
Lecturer in Cultural and Creative Industries

[image: SUMS logo for staff emails]

Sheffield University Management School
Conduit Road
Sheffield S10 1FL
[image: Triple Crown accreditation]

Our Triple Crown accreditation places us within the global elite of
business schools.
It is an endorsement of the quality of our teaching, research, and links
with industry.

World top-100 university <https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/about/rankings> | Top
northern university for graduate prospects
<https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/news/nr/sheffield-top-north-employable-graduates-1.738658>
<https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/news/student-experience-survey-2018-results>