[Air-L] Participants Needed: UIC Research Study on Online Harassment and Social Media

Caitlyn Lackey clackey at uic.edu
Mon Mar 13 08:30:54 PDT 2023

Hello All,

The UIC Social Media Lab is in need of about 15 more participants for a
qualitative research study investigating the intersection of online
harassment and algorithms on social media.

Please pass this study information along to whoever you can. Attached is
the study info that can be shared in classrooms and on social media.

Thank you!
Cait
___________________
*Participants Needed: **UIC Research Study on Online Harassment and Social
Media*

Have you ever encountered online harassment or nasty comments or posts in
your feed?

Have you ever been the target of online harassment, cyberbullying, or found
yourself caught up in online toxicity?

Have you ever received unwanted attention online?

The UIC Social Media Lab wants to know more about the effects of social
media platforms and their design, and we need your help and voluntary
participation to learn more!

*You are eligible to participate, if you are:*

   - Between the ages of 18 to 60
   - An active user of at least ONE social media platform (e.g., Facebook,
   Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.)
   - A witness, victim, or perpetrator of online harassment, cyberbullying,
   and online toxicity on social media

*What you’ll do: *

   - Complete a welcome survey, which will take at most 3 minutes. If we
   think you are eligible to participate in the interview, we will invite you
   for an interview.
   - Complete an interview via Zoom, which will take about 30-60 minutes.

Your decision whether or not to participate will not affect your current or
future relations with the university or your grades in any University of
Illinois Chicago course. If you decide to participate, you are free to
withdraw at any time without affecting that relationship.

*We will provide a compensation of $20 Amazon gift card if participants
complete the interview portion of the research study.  *

*Get started via **this link: *

https://uic.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1UgosG8UwV0K8jc

If you think of anyone who might be interested in participating in this
study, please pass this info on.

If you have any questions, please email to Cait Lackey at clackey at uic.edu.

--
Cait Lackey, M.A.