[Air-L] Speculative Theory Summer School, Naples, Italy June 15-17.

Adam Arvidsson adamerik.arvidsson.unina at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 01:35:17 PDT 2023

                     Speculating at the End (?) of Times

           Summer school on the future of politics and technology

      Department of Social Sciences, University of Naples, Federico II

                              June 15-17, 2023

   This summer school invites PhD students and Junior Scholars for three
   days of reflection and discussion on future visions of politics,
   technology and their intersection.

   The general mood in the early 21st Century is that it is easier to
   imagine the end of the world than to imagine the end of our current
   socio-economic conditions (or, as the original quote went, ‘the end of
   Capitalism’). Yet we will have to do precisely that, since things are
   starting to change very quickly at the level of climate change ,
   technological development as well as political and economic
   transformations, while our theoretical and political imaginaries are
   struggling to keep the pace. The purpose of this summer school is to
   begin to think about social theory tools for comprehending the possible
   direction of these changes.

   The summer school consists of one day of keynotes and public panels
   (June 15) and one and a half day of round table discussion of position
   papers that have been submitted by participants. We have space for ten
   papers (call for papers on the website below).

   People who wish to participate as auditors (without submitting a paper)
   are advised to email an expression of interest to
   [1]speculativesummerschool23 at gmail.com by April 30. Acceptance will be
   communicated by May 10. Thanks to our generous sponsors, the summer
   school if free of charge.

   Website with program, detailed info and call for papers [2]here

   Adam Arvidsson

   Professore di Sociologia

   Dipartimento di Scienze Sociali

   Università di Napoli, Federico II