[Air-L] The journal Global Media and China published the latest issue—March 2023

Xiao Han kilou.xiao.han at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 04:13:57 PDT 2023

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce that our journal Global Media and China has just published its latest issue (Volume 8, Issue 1, March 2023).

And also we sincerely welcome your contribution to our journals. If you are interested and have the time, it is a great honour for us to receive your submission. Here is the submission portal:https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac. For more information about Global Media and China, please go to gch.sagepub.com <http://gch.sagepub.com/>, you can also find detailed submission guidelines there.

You can freely read this new issue at: https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/GCH/current

(Follow us at Twitter: https://twitter.com/GCHjournal)

Special Section:

Platform governance: Sovereignty and the return of governance for digital platforms

Guest Editors: Terry Flew, Chunmeizi Su

Introduction

Introduction: Sovereignty and the return of governance for digital platforms

Terry Flew, Chunmeizi Su

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231161658open_in_new

Special Issue Articles

The weaponization of private corporate infrastructure: Internet fragmentation and coercive diplomacy in the 21st century

Juan Ortiz Freuler

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364221139729

EU digital economy competition policy: From ex-post to ex-ante. The case of Alphabet, Amazon, Apple, and Meta

Nicholas Nicoli, Petros Iosifidis

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231152673

The role of citizens in platform governance: A case study on public consultations regarding online content regulation in the European Union

Charis Papaevangelou

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364221150142

Data sovereignty and platform neutrality – A comparative study on TikTok’s data policy

Chunmeizi Su, Wenjia Tang

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231154340

Strategic stories: weaponized or worldmaking?

John Hartley

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231153200

Original Article

Unboxing the Chinese Blind Boxes among China’s grown-up missing children: Probabilistic and elastic prosumption through mediated collection, exchange and resale of figurines

Thomas William Whyke, Zhen Troy Chen, Joaquin Lopez-Mugica, Aiqing Wang

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364221140812

Book Reviews

Book review: Mapping digital game culture in China: From internet addicts to esports athletes

Wenbin Jia

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364221145999

Book review: Creative industries and digital transformation in China

Xinyi Zhu

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364221148358

Dr HAN Xiao

Research Associate, Social Media Centre, Communication University of China (CUC)

Managing Editor, Global Media and China http://journals.sagepub.com/home/gch