[Air-L] Deadline extension: Surveillance Capitalism Conference (Pavia, 7-8 September)

Alessandro Caliandro alessandro.caliandro at unipv.it
Wed May 3 07:45:36 PDT 2023

Dear All (sorry for cross-posting),

We would like to inform you that the deadline for participating in the
*Surveillance
Capitalism Conference* has been extended until the *12th May 2023*.

We remind you that the conference is part of the project “V-Data - The
value of digital data: enhancing citizens’ awareness and voice about
surveillance capitalism”, funded by Fondazione Cariplo, and it will take
place 7-8 September 2023 at the University of Pavia. Call for contributions
and all info on programme, fees and accommodation available at:
https://vdataresearch.com/outputs/cal-for-contributions/

The event will comprise panel presentations and one keynote session hosting
the internationally renowned scholar Stefania Milan (
https://www.stefaniamilan.net/about-me/).

A maximum of 25 papers will be selected for presentation. Preference will
be given to speakers who plan to attend the conference in person, but a
small number of remote presentations (no more than one per panel) may be
included in the programme.

We invite researchers who are active in the field of surveillance studies,
surveillance capitalism, data justice, algorithmic studies, data ethics,
Science and Technology Studies (STS), digital and computational methods,
digital labour, media consumption and attitudes, critical consumer studies,
platform studies (and many more) to submit proposals for paper
presentations. Please submit an abstract (max. 300 words) to the event
organisers by sending it via email to vdataresearch at gmail.com by 12 May
2023.

Come and join us!

Alessandro Caliandro
Associate Professor in Sociology of Culture and Communication

Researcher V-DATA project (Surveillance Capitalism in Italy):
https://vdataresearch.com/
Research Stream 3 Leader of ACTIVE-IT:
https://ageingsocieties.unimib.it/active-it/
Member of Ageing Societies: https://ageingsocieties.unimib.it/

Università degli Studi di Pavia
Dipartimento di Scienze Politiche e Sociali
Strada Nuova 65
27100 Pavia

phone: 0382 984325
e-mail: alessandro.caliandro at unipv.it
Alessandro Caliandro's Personal Meeting Room (ZOOM)
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8629741587

*If you please, check out my most recent publications ; ) *

Audy Martínek, P., Caliandro, A., & Denegri-Knott, J. (2022). Digital
practices tracing: studying consumer lurking in digital environments. *Journal
of Marketing Management*, 1-31.
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/0267257X.2022.2105385

Caliandro, A., & Anselmi, G. (2021). Affordances-based brand relations: An
inquire on memetic brands on Instagram. *Social Media+ Society*, 7(2),
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/20563051211021367