[Air-L] Special Issue CfP: Disconnectivity in a Changing Media and Political Landscape

Cigdem Bozdag bozdagcigdem at gmail.com
Tue May 16 00:34:47 PDT 2023

Dear colleagues,
We would like to draw your attention to a special issue that we are editing titled "Disconnectivity in a Changing Media and Political Landscape". This issue will be published in 2024 in Media and Communication, a Q1 international open access journal in Communication, indexed in SSCI and Scopus among others.

We welcome empirical and theoretical contributions to understand disconnective practices across social media platforms, the associated micro, meso, and macro conditions, as well as democratic implications. Disconnection is broadly defined here, including tie dissolution (e.g., unfriending), content filtration, disconnecting from a platform, among others. For more information about the issue and the timeline, please see the CfP attached.

The deadline for abstract submission (max. 250 words) is 10 July 2023. You can submit it via email to qinfeng.zhu at rug.nl and c.bozdag at rug.nl.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions and circulate the CfP to others who might be interested in the special issue.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Dr. Qinfeng Zhu and Dr. Çigdem Bozdag

Dr. Cigdem Bozdag

Assistant Professor
Research Centre Media and Journalism Studies, University of Groningen

Marie Sklodowska Curie Fellow
Faculty of Education, FB 12, University of Bremen