[Air-L] Two professor posts @ University of Sheffield

Helen Kennedy h.kennedy at sheffield.ac.uk
Tue May 23 00:38:35 PDT 2023

Application deadline: 26th June 2023

The Department of Sociological Studies at the University of Sheffield is
hiring two professors. The department houses a vibrant Digital Media +
Society
<https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/socstudies/research/digital-media-and-society>
area,
comprising undergraduate and MA programmes, an expanding PhD student group,
a dynamic research culture and an amazing staff team. We would love to see
applicants with Digital Media + Society expertise to apply for these posts!

We are looking to recruit inspirational academics to play key leadership
roles in research, impact, teaching and/or department management. You will
complement and extend our existing strengths, and have a track record of
research excellence, teaching innovation and leadership. We are especially
keen to hear from candidates whose work relates to one or more of the
following fields:

   - AI, automation & emergent technology in society;
   - decolonisation and the Global South;
   - gender and intersectionality
   - race and digital media;
   - social divisions, inequalities and solidarities.

We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we particularly
welcome applications from currently under-represented groups within the
department, including candidates who are from black, Asian and minority
ethnic and refugee backgrounds; who are LGBTQ+; or who are living with
disabilities.

To find the job ad, go to https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs > browse jobs >
 and search ‘chair in sociological studies’.

For informal enquiries, contact Head of Department Professor Nathan Hughes (
nathan.hughes at sheffield.ac.uk) <http://nathan.hughes@sheffield.ac.uk/>, or
me to talk specifically about our Digital Media + Society

--
Helen Kennedy, Director, ESRC Digital Good Network
<https://digitalgood.net/>, @digitalgoodnet

*LATEST PUBLICATION: *
Generic visuals of Covid-19 in the news: Invoking banal belonging through
symbolic reiteration
<https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/13678779211061415>(2022,
w/Giorgia Aiello, Chris W Anderson, Camilla Mørk Røstvik, *I**nternational
Journal of Cultural Studies*.