[Air-L] Invitation to the Data Workers Inquiry launch

Adio-Adet Tichafara Dinika | Universitaet Bremen adinika at uni-bremen.de
Wed Jul 3 14:34:23 PDT 2024

Dear Colleagues,
  We are excited to invite you to the official launch of the Data
Workers’ Inquiry[1] project on
  MONDAY, JULY 8, AT 5:00 PM CET, ONLINE ON ZOOM. PLEASE REGISTER TO ATTEND![2]

  The Data Workers’ Inquiry is a community-based action-research
project in which data workers conduct research in their workplaces.
The community researchers guide the direction of the inquiries, such
that they are oriented towards their needs and goals of building
workplace power while supported by a core team of formally trained
qualitative researchers at the Weizenbaum Institute and DAIR. Each
inquiry has a specific format, ranging from reports and zines over
podcasts to documentaries.  So far, the project repository comprises
inquiries led by 16 data workers on four continents.

  July 8 marks the launch of the project and the repository, and
inaugurates our speaker series, where each community researcher will
present their project. I’m attaching a flyer for the
launch. REGISTRATION AND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SPEAKER SERIES,
WHICH WILL RUN UNTIL NOVEMBER, CAN BE FOUND
HERE: DATA-WORKERS.ORG/EVENTS[3].

  We are looking forward to seeing you online on July 8!

  Greetings from the DWI team,
  Adio Dinika, Krystal Kaufmann, Camilla Salim Wagner, Laurenz
Sachenbacher, and Mila Miceli.

Links:
------
[1] http://data-workers.org/