[Air-L] Special issue on ' Generative AI and Digital Authoritarianism'

hossein kermani spm.kermani at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 05:47:25 PDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

Dr. Liu (University of Copenhagen) and I plan to propose a special issue on 'Digital Authoritarianism and Generative AI: Issues and trends in datafication, control, and manipulation' to Big Data & Society. The SI will focus on the theoretical and methodological dimensions of the ways through which non-democratic forces could misuse GenAI to suppress social movements and manipulate minds. We invite you to submit an abstract (max: 500 words) of your relevant work by Aug 8th to the special issue. The CFP can also be found attached.

Please send your abstracts to guest-editors emails with the title 'SI on GenAI':

hossein.kermani at univie.ac.at

liujun at hum.ku.dk

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Best.

Hossein and Jun

----Hossein Kermani, PhD
MSCA Postdoctoral researcher