[Air-L] Apply by August 11 to teach with Wikipedia this Fall!

Helaine Blumenthal helaine at wikiedu.org
Mon Jul 29 12:49:58 PDT 2024

With the fall term just around the corner, I wanted to share a high-impact
teaching opportunity that faculty have called “the most transformative
assignment ever” – the Wikipedia assignment
<https://wikiedu.org/teach-with-wikipedia/>.

Research studies
<https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4174200> continue to
discover the ways in which Wikipedia not only reflects public knowledge,
but can shape it.  With the Wikipedia assignment, students develop their
research, writing, and media literacy skills while making real-world,
hands-on impact on knowledge equity by improving the world’s largest
open-access encyclopedia.

Nonprofit organization Wiki Education helps faculty of all disciplines
across the U.S. and Canada incorporate the Wikipedia assignment into their
courses by providing custom syllabi, comprehensive student training
modules, digital tools to track student work, subject-specific materials,
and staff support – all free of charge.

Apply by August 11 to teach with Wikipedia this fall!

Apply now: Visit dashboard.wikiedu.org and follow the prompts to create
your Wikipedia account, take our self-paced instructor orientation, and
create your course page.

Interested in hearing directly from faculty who teach with Wikipedia?
Register now for an upcoming information session
<https://wikiedu.org/webinars/>.

Questions? We’d love to hear from you.

--
Helaine Blumenthal,Ph.D. (she/her)