[Air-L] Assistant Prof/Open Rank faculty hire at University of Maryland

Sarah Ann Oates soates at umd.edu
Wed Jul 31 14:10:14 PDT 2024

Hi, we are hiring a scholar who works at the intersection of media,
democracy, and technology. The job ad is here:
https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/120619

We are looking for someone with a demonstrated research and teaching
interest in journalism.

While we are focused on an assistant professor search, we will consider
other ranks (we will get the job post updated to say this but FYI ). The
search chair is Associate Prof. Krishnan Vasudevan (kvasu at umd.edu) and you
can contact him with questions about the post etc.

I think my journalism college is a great place to work and an exciting
place to do research -- both in our college and across the many exciting
things going on at the University of Maryland!

Sarah

Sarah Oates
Pronouns: she/her
Author of Seeing Red: Russian Propaganda and American News
<https://www.amazon.com/Seeing-Red-Russian-Propaganda-American-ebook/dp/B0CW1GM9D1/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&dib_tag=se&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.aZ9Jw2n89cnTjdyn_RybBD9pFIpFsv02YipyBKLoj5e0wFrm79ywnB1TnhmZb4NvESjax1QNHsL3mdMkaTlzdjo3gfurG3nFJPKgEkLbELhl0P8ewg_ffVrS8u2-O3ijH119rZz2BOWILlTzJlBrUrSaqUoC49IvLY6m7iUW949RJzrzgabDOrktp8XtKyja9v3N5E4Mx5MIx2T1S5cYmbwqo32jtALFg3vy-WnUH3Q.pKW4C2MW9Lo2flUbHlX0XXIHPGWaPYHrD8pCZXOX5Mc&qid=1716987311&sr=8-1>

Associate Dean for Research/Professor and Senior Scholar
UMD Distinguished Scholar-Teacher
Philip Merrill College of Journalism
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742