[Air-L] Call for Papers NORMalize at RecSys: The 2nd Workshop for Normative Thinking and Design in Recommender Systems

Starke, Alain A.D.Starke at tue.nl
Sun Jun 16 23:38:06 PDT 2024

Dear all,

In the fall of this year, we are organizing the second edition edition of NORMalize. This workshop will be part of the ACM conference on Recommender Systems, to be held in Bari, Italy, October 14-18. We are welcoming papers in different formats (extended abstracts, short, long) that address ideas, challenges, new theoretical ideas and technical contributions, all in the context of normative thinking and design and recommender systems.

Recommender systems are used in a many different domains, from recommending recipes to song playlists. They increasingly act as "gatekeepers" to what users are exposed to online. Therefore it is important that we, as designers of these systems, think about the norms and values appropriate to the domain when designing and evaluating these recommender systems, such that they have a positive impact on society.

Please check out our full call here: https://sites.google.com/view/normalizeworkshop/recsys24/call-for-papers. Deadlines: July 26 (abstracts) and August 2 (papers).
We are also still looking for additional program committee members, who can strengthen the quality of our workshop. Don't hesitate to reach out if you are interesting.

Kind regards,
Alain Starke

On behalf of all organizers: Sanne Vrijenhoek, Lien Michiels, Johannes Kruse, Alain Starke, Nava Tintarev