[Air-L] Co-Production Research opportunity! We are looking for Internet Researchers to help us understand memes better (vouchers and authorship available)

Giovanni Schiazza Giovanni.Schiazza at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri May 3 09:04:53 PDT 2024

Dear AoIR email list,

Please find below a co-production research opportunity!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-Production Research opportunity! We are looking for Internet Researchers to help us understand memes better (vouchers and authorship available)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am Giovanni Schiazza, a PhD student in Nottingham, studying memes.

I am trying to collaboratively develop concepts of memes today, operationalisation, and computational approaches to analysing internet memes. These conceptualisations of memes will help to ‘build’ a proof of concept for an internet meme tool that uses real-life aggregated meme data!

I am inviting meme researchers, makers, and experts to share their opinions and views on memes, research, ethics, computational approaches to memes, or anything else they would like to discuss regarding this project.

Specifically, AoIR researchers will be perfect for this co-production study. The engagement rounds are topically different, but their common thread is internet memes and internet research.

As internet meme research is highly multidisciplinary, we are recruiting researchers from different backgrounds and disciplines to build a tool that will be helpful to a range of researchers, regardless of their methods or disciplines. This is where AoIR researchers can help us!

You can participate in the study even if memes are not your primary research, as you will have topical expertise in interdisciplinary internet research.

We are also recruiting people with real-life experience making and consuming memes (meme experts and connoisseurs), who will help us update the conceptualisations of Internet memes to be closer to today's memes.

Please complete the survey to indicate your interest in participating in workshops or interviews!

You will receive a £25 voucher for participating in a 2h workshop or £10 for 1h interview. You can also be a named or anonymous co-production author or acknowledgement as part of co-production.

Survey link: https://nottingham.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cTH1yVmGV2z1Cf4

Would you like more information before signing up? go here https://www.giovannischiazza.com/memetic-scholar-click-here

Don't want to read the long text? that's fine; I made a video: https://youtu.be/Qp1M-yFoJTg?si=e9DjyRsdRAV_m

If you know of anybody who might be interested in this type of research, please forward this message to them 😄

Thank you for your time.

Best Wishes,
Giovanni

Giovanni Schiazza MSc  (he/him)

Horizon CDT PhD Postgraduate Researcher

Horizon EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training,
Computer Science Building, University of Nottingham,
Jubilee Campus, Wollaton Road, Nottingham, NG8 1BB, UK

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the email and attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored where permitted by law.