[Air-L] New Special Issue on Care-ful Data Studies published

i.zakharova at ish.uni-hannover.de i.zakharova at ish.uni-hannover.de
Tue May 14 03:39:32 PDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

we are happy to announce that a new special issue on "Care-ful Data Sutides:
or, what do we see, when we look at datafied societies through the lens of
care?" has been published in Information, Communication & Society, Vol.
27(4): https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rics20/current

The issue proposes to apply feminist care ethics to the study of datafied
societies. Specifically, the authors explore in their individual
contributions socio-digital care arrangements, practices of data work and
care, situated modes of knowledge production, politics of vulnerability, and
questions of how communities of care are built in our datafied world.

We hope that you, your colleagues or students might find this issue
interesting and helpful.

Irina Zakharova & Juliane Jarke

--

Dr. Irina Zakharova (she/her)
Postdoctoral researcher

Leibniz University Hannover
Institute of Sociology
Working group Sociology of Digitalisation

Current publications:

Zakharova, Irina, Jarke, Juliane und Anne Kaun. 2024. Tensions in digital
welfare states: Three perspectives on care and control. Journal of
Sociology.  <https://doi.org/10.1177/14407833241238312>
https://doi.org/10.1177/14407833241238312 (open access)

Zakharova, Irina und Juliane Jarke. 2024. Care-ful data studies: Or, what do
we see, when we look at datafied societies through the lens of care?
Information, Communication & Society, 27(4): 651-664.
<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/1369118X.2024.2316758>
10.1080/1369118X.2024.2316758 (open access)