[Air-L] Seeking Participants for Research on Streaming Uses and Management in the USA

Azza El-Masri aemasri at utexas.edu
Tue May 28 12:47:59 PDT 2024

Dear Air-L listserv members,

I trust this email finds you well. My name is Azza El-Masri and I am a PhD
candidate at the University of Texas at Austin's School of Journalism and
Media. As part of my graduate employment this summer, I have been tasked in
recruiting for a multi-country research project focused on understanding
how people in Costa Rica, France, Brazil, and the United States engage with
digital platforms–particularly streaming platforms (e.g., Netflix, HBO Max,
Hulu, etc.)–in their daily lives.

With this call for participation, we are particularly focused on
recruiting *adult
participants **based in the United States** and subscribed to at least one
streaming platform. *

If selected for the study, participants will be asked to describe their
experiences with these platforms over several weeks as well as engage in
focus group discussions. Participants of this study should expect to commit
2 hours a week for a month during which they will be asked to record their
streaming habits, their thoughts about the recommendation algorithms they
encounter, and how that may impact their decision-making processes.
Participants will also be asked to participate in one online focus group
session which will also take place over 2 hours.

We will offer *Amazon gift cards* to participants who commit to the
entirety of the study over the next month and a half.

*Interested individuals can click this link
<https://utexas.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1F9GOZ71ymuBhhc> to the
recruitment survey*

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
https://utexas.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1F9GOZ71ymuBhhc
<https://utexas.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1F9GOZ71ymuBhhc>

Thank you!

Regards,
*AZZA EL-MASRI, *Doctoral Student *(she/her/hers)*
Graduate Research Assistant
Graduate Research Fellow, Center for Media Engagement
<https://mediaengagement.org/team/azza-el-masri/>
School of Journalism and Media | The University of Texas at Austin

*Need to meet? Book a time slot
<https://calendar.app.google/9d1MLDUiRaPZaGxDA> with me.*