[Assam] Dr R K Pachuari -- TERI

Ram Sarangapani assamrs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 16:05:04 PDT 2007

Hi KC,

It does look like RK Pachauri has a few notches under his belt & thats quite
a good resume.

So, what makes him a non-expert? While it is possible that inspite of all
these accolades, that his reasoning may still be at fault, but I think there
are other reasons.

And those reasons are (at least for some people), that SINCE RKP represents
India, and since RKP is probably a successful product of the Indian
Educational system, by default, it must all be bad.

IMHO, the important thing is (how) does one make a determination who is an
expert and who isn't? It may be  an involved process, but the one thing that
does need to be eliminated from that decision-making is where that candidate
hails from.

--Ram da