[Assam] Day2: Assam 2007: Pt2; engg colleges, NRAs & CM

umesh sharma jaipurschool at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 06:24:05 PDT 2007

Rajen-da,

I was expecting to meet you at Assam 2007. Hope you are doing well. More in a private email -  thank you for your timely help in my problems. God Bless You.

Gautom Barua's name I heard from ADC of the Chief Minister who was smoking outside the hotel and reacted to my comments about Jugal-da's presentation - about Infosys's comments about engineering grdautaes in Assam (only 750 - and only 3 engineering colleges -- compared to 250 in Andhra Pradesh -mostly privately run). The ADC perhaps wanted to show that he is on top of things .

Umesh

Rajen & Ajanta Barua <barua25 at hotmail.com> wrote:       Umesh-ji:
 Thanks for the update. I am glad to see  that there were meaningful discussions with the CM on relevent issues. Thanks to  Jugal and Partha for taking the initiative. I am glad to see involvement  of Gautom Barua (Director IIT, Guwahati) on the issue of additional  engineering colleges in Assam. Was he personally present in the Assam-2007? I  have already written to Jugal that they have done a great job because this is  the first time ever that we Assamese have prepared an indepth scientific report  on what we have and what we need and why, at least for the engineering  education. If we follow this approach, instead of GOI Mai-Bap to bless Assam, we  will win. Let us keep up with the issues and follow up agrresively.
 Thanks
 Rajenda