[Assam] Naga attacks on Assam

Jyotirmoy Sharma jsharma at iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 6 21:01:41 PDT 2007

We(Assam) have been at the receiving end all the time. It is hardly
Assam trying to grab Nagaland's territory. Whenever such instance
takes place the Govt issues an investigation, says some calming words
and the issue is forgotten. An Assam attack on Nagaland would
probably have been met with a quit notice to all Assamese in Nagaland.
  " ..go seek an eye for an eye" - I haven't said that we launch a
similar attack on Nagaland but we must do whatever is necessary to
protect our people.

> Perhaps BSF would be a good candidate, considering their flawless
> performance along the B'desh border. Or better still it should be
> that two hundred thousand strong Indian army in Assam in charge of
> ULFA hunting  -- no make that PC Ram rescuing.
It has to be from Assam police- a force to be built with
sophisticated weapons. BSF and say CRPF do not understand Assam-Naga
problems.